Wednesday, July 13, 2016

My First #NaNoWriMo Baby is Here!


Trying to build a fruitful business, while also indulging in your love for reading and writing, is tough!  But, where there's a will, there's a way, right?! Right! Last November, I entered my first ever #NaNoWriMo.  To say I was shell shocked by the end is the understatement of the my minuscule writing career.  But, it was one of the most exhilarating experiences, ever!!!!

The book that I had envisioned completing, about a guy who abruptly ends things with his longtime high school and college sweetheart after he's chosen first in the NFL draft, felt special to me.  It meant that I was truly giving my personal writing career, not anything connected to marketing or public relations for clients, a serious go.  It meant that if I could get through the grueling ordeal of writing 50,000+ words in 30 days, I could absolutely do as much in a much more reasonable amount of time.

So, here we are.  The book is selling better than any of my three previous releases and I'm really excited about this year's upcoming #NaNoWriMo!  I'm actually working on a holiday title right now that I hope to have completed by the time NaNo rolls around.  No way in heck I could take on both at once.  Or, can I.....?! *weeps at the thought*

Anyway, check Love Blitz out and let me know what you think! I'm also going to release my first ever print edition of any of my work and that makes me smile as well.  This is only my second full-length novel and I'm so excited about getting this third one cranked out.  Being able to put your imagination down onto paper, release the stories trapped in your dome, is so fulfilling.  I'm constantly working on improving, so I think you'll be able to take note of some great progression in the years to come.  Wish me luck! --Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment