Saturday, October 10, 2015

Novel Writing: Taking the Plunge

In late November, 2014, I had an epiphany. You know an epiphany, one of those moments of striking realization.  An aha moment!  Well, actually, it really wasn’t some enlightening moment. It was essentially one of those moments that’s so unbelievably odd that you wonder why it popped into your head in the first place, type of moments. My thoughts were crystal clear, I was going to write a novel. And, not just any novel, an erotic romance page-turner. Yes, I said was going to write about two people caught in the deep throes of passion.

Sound simple, right? Wrong, when you are 39-year-old woman from the Deep South. The first thought that popped in my head, was what my southern pearl clutching mother going to think. The next thought that clouded my mind was what in the hell was I going to write about. Sure, for nearly 20 years, I’ve worked as communications professional, writing any and everything, but this was different. Essentially, I was going to sit in front of a keyboard and tell the world some of my most intimate sexual thoughts and, of course, my most desired sexual positions. Oh my! 


So, for the next two months, I wrote non-stop.  Creating fast-paced dialogue, intriguing characters and erotic sex scenes, which would make anyone blush. I enjoyed listening to the characters in my head and telling their secret naughty desires. I found it exhilarating to breathe life into their fictitious world. The more I wrote, the more interesting my imaginary hero and heroine became. My characters were a mixture of my own personal thoughts along with the deep thoughts and yearning desires of my closest friends.  It was at this point, that I quickly realized that I enjoyed writing about two consenting adults getting carried away with one another.

Now, The Promise Pact is the first installment in my Promise to Love series.  And I am currently working on the second installment, A Promise to Remember, which is already turning out to be more erotic than the Promise Pact. So, get ready to dive into the deep end of my erotic thoughts. I promise to take you on a journey of insatiable lust, dark suspense and toe-curling passionate lovemaking.   --J.A. Fraser

No comments:

Post a Comment